Saturday 18 January 2014

Ballyyahoo In Pictures


STILL WATERS
Welcome to ‘Ballyyahoo in Pictures.' This is where I post the images I collect on my daily walks as well as the ones that inspired my stories from Ballyyahoo.




WHERE IS BALLYYAHOO?
If you’re wondering where on earth is Ballyyahoo is, I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly. If I did tell you I'd have to kill you so all I say is that it’s in the Galway bay area of Ireland but you won’t find it on a map.




A CLEAR HEAD
I will tell you that I am not a photographer, I am a writer, but a daily walk clears my head for my writing and the photographs I take inspire me and so... you get the picture!

GET OUT
The images I am going to post here are ones that inspire me and inform my work, particularly when I am writing my Ballyyahoo series of stories for children and I hope the stories inspire them to get out and about.


WHY?
Well you see I was brought up in the inner city of Liverpool. It was grimy, grey and could be a dangerous place for a child. Still I was lucky!
My Liverpool home
Every summer I was taken to visit my granny in Ireland and every day for six whole weeks I was given my freedom. I could go wherever I could walk or cycle to and there were no limits, just as long as I was back in time for tea
FREEDOM
To me nature and freedom are the same thing and because I know how important that yearly taste of freedom was to my childhood I feel passionate about encouraging children to love nature too.

I do this by writing stories set in the natural surroundings of Ballyyahoo and I invite children to come and celebrate nature, freedom and fun on Ballyyahoo's own little site.

I hope the pictures you see here will inspire you and don’t forget you are warmly invited to visit me at Ballyyahoo as well.

Bye for now.

Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment